Relieved


Alhamdulillah. Words can't describe my current state of being, other than the fact that I'm too jumpy to do any work now so I chose to spend the last hour at the office blogging instead. My internship project presentation to UTP lecturer, Dr Sujan, was done just this morning. And it was quite speedy yet filled with bombarding questions, as usual. I mean, as a student of course we are supposed to receive those feedback with an open mind right? And thanks to the lecturer, his insights really got me thinking into what I am going to pursue next in my final year of study as a Chemical Engineering student. But then again, I'm still cluelesss. haha pfftt.

Anyway, during lunch time Hani Tiara asked me a really interesting question which have also crossed my mind previously. "Fatin, sincerely, what have you learnt during this internship period? I don't mean the technical stuffs, just something that you can apply in life" 

I can't help to smile. A lot actually, like for an instance how the first judgement and expectation about something can really affect your performance. For me before, I was not so enthusiastic about working in an office environment compared to the massive processing plants, thus had the mindset that I'll just end up doing clerical tasks, being bored and left out, etc. These assumptions actually can kill our enthusiasm about the future.

But as time goes by, I came to know that well if the knowledge is not there in front of you, you can always seek for it. Leave out the expectation, focus on the process. That's when I started to enjoy the bliss of my solitary cubicle throughout the day. haha. It was quite a challenge actually since the only people doing Corrosion in the department is my supervisor, and myself. But then the opportunities for me to learn from other disciplines are also high, that is if I have the effort to do so.

So I guess in the end, it doesn't matter where you end up in the journey. As long as you make the best of each moment, it may become the best for you after all.  La tahzan :)

For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease. So when you have finished [your duties], then stand up [for worship]. And to your Lord direct [your] longing.
(Ash-Sharh: 5-8)

One task done, others coming this wayy. 

Little pieces that cheer up my work place
Next to come is Wajadiri at UMT :) 

Approximately 15 days are left for my internship, and then Hello Final Year O_O Just hoping that time won't fly so fast now since we have so many figuring out to do. Hoping that these last few days at the company will be spent more fruitful than ever. InsyaAllah ^^

Offshore Technology Conference
fatin.hani.aznida

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The message in a bottle

The goodness worth holding on to

The Strength Within Us (The Untold Story)