The message in a bottle



No one truly knows who they are, he sighs. The glass bottle does not know its own contents. It has no idea whether it is a vessel for the most delicious apple cider, a lovingly crafted wine, or a bitter poison. People are the same. Yet, like the bottle, we are transparent. We can't see ourselves the way others see us.
How do you see me, she asked.
You are a bottle floating out at sea, he says. One that contains a very important message. It may never reach its recipient, but as long as there is someone waiting, it will always have purpose.
Will you wait for mine?
I will, he promised. I will look for you every time I stand at the edge of the ocean.

 - Taken from Lullabies, by Lang Leav 

It's been such a while huh. Seems like the hectic schedule somehow has blocked out my creative juice from flowing (if any! hehe) I hope everybody else is doing well insyaAllah, taking into account the fact that we have encountered a new book in our Hijri calendar. Somehow I got a hint of feeling that this new year will be worth looking forward to. Maybe some remarkable changes? We'll see.. ;)


By the way, this should be my sixth month of employment in the oil and gas industry. And yes, I'm starting out at the bottom of the chain doing desk job with some very cool and experienced people, while grabbing as many inputs as I can. Which is a lot to be thankful for, since the specialty that I'm focusing on is quite similar to what I did during my internship - Inspection. So, yes for that. And as for going out doing the real stuff on the platform, the closest I got so far is...


yyyyuupp.. haha. Hello ;)



Keeping track of workloads is a must (!)


We cannot love or hate something that we do not know right? To say NO even before trying? So here I am, just rolling with it ;)


The other day, I took some time going through my old posts in this blog (thank goodness there aren't too many). The posts that have been written in my carefree days (^_^)v (deleted some unnecessary photos) and I swear some made me laugh just by how candid they are. Hahahah was I ever that honest? I guess expressing myself in writing gives myself the best comfort. And I did write a lot about my family. This page seems like a virtual album of my own, a recollection of thoughts and memories. Which led me to the decision that, this blog is one of my precious things ever in my life (!) I'm so thankful that I've managed to write out those small conversations, and scenarios to be kept safe.


     Hence one of my new year goal(s) is to keep writing, in spite of whatever or how often I can. Biiznillah.


Which is why I included the passage above, about 'the Message in a Bottle'. To me, it evolves around our nature of finding one self and giving out goodness through simple words and actions. Because you never know who's on the other end, waiting.


And if we are a glass, do we know our contents?


"So lose not heart, nor fall into despair, for you will be superior if you are true in FAITH"
(Ali-Imraan: 139)




What makes us difference, is the substance within us. Among them, Faith.


Comments

Keep writing akak!
I miss you :)
Fatin Filzati said…
Thanks Ikin, for dropping by..
Best wishes, always <3

Popular posts from this blog

The goodness worth holding on to

The Strength Within Us (The Untold Story)