The goodness worth holding on to


google
"I can't do this, Sam."
"I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad has happened? But in the end,  it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folks in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."
"What are we holding on to, Sam?"
"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo.. and it's worth fighting for."  (Lord of the Ring: The Two Towers)

I can finally sayyy.. I'm done folks!! ^_^
*After final report presentation* 

Bismillahirrahmanirrahiim..

It's nice to have a moment to be in here again, pondering over things rather than just moving along, mindlessly. And yes, I'm almost there people. :) Believe it or not, my days as a Chemical Engineering degree student have almost come to an end. oh myyy. Almost, but I still have some important things to take care of beforehand. Nonetheless it's true though, how in the end, you will think back of the beginning. Whether or not the journey is worth it, whether you've changed for the better or worse.

And the only thing I am sure of, is that my years in the beautiful state of Perak have been miraculously delightful and memorable. I shall write more about that in the near future, and I hope I won't be just writing it in my head haha.

Anyway, if you ask me what's going to happen next, Masters study? Job in the industry? Government officer? Frankly, I do not own the answer to that yet. But wallahi, have I been thinking and thinking, because finally the decision lies solely in my hand. Of what I am going to do next, after abiding the education system for some time now. And of course taking into account the most important people in my life.

Although none is decided, I really love the idea of having space to reminisce my previous dreams, and the opportunity to wander the possibilities out there once again as a starter. After all, I have always been a wanderer :)

So indeed, with hardship there is ease.
Indeed, with hardship there is ease.
So when you have finished (with your immediate task), then strive with supplication.
And to Your Lord shall you attend whole-heartedly.
(Al-Insyirah)

The doers of good. Isn't that what really matters? In whatever task we take, or the life that we lead with others, we just want it to be apart of something greater, that brings good to this world, to the people. And there are many kinds of good; either the brave, valiant kind. The honest and just. The selfless and devoted kind. Or the misunderstood, mischievous kind of good. Yet, the choosing is ours, to fit ourselves into this life.

The year 2014 has not been that wondrous though, for us Malaysians. Missing flights, economic fluctuation, system haywire, massive flooding. And don't let me start on the situations abroad. Of our brothers and sisters facing persecution and terror. It may sound ugly, but it is not always black all the time. Some good lurk within, and the chance is still there for us to preserve them.


tumblr


22 years of life, single-almost-graduating-mischief-and-adrenaline-loving, and yet still anxious to face the future.
Whatever or wherever I lead myself into afterwards, I hope that it too will count.
And that if I am already in it, I hope that I will be able to hold on, alongside the truest of companions, until my last breath.

And I do believe that, if you are truly honest about what you want in life, life will bring it to you.

Yet the trick does not lie in the timing or whether to see or not when it arrives,
but it is in being honest to yourself, and to your Creator that made you with your own special set of talents and behaviour.

So Fatin, be honest. :)


Comments

Nurafiqah Alya. said…
Akak, bila saya nak grad ni? Hehehehe
Fatin Filzati said…
Adik, your time will come one day. Until then, please enjoy the journey okay..
Trust me, you will cherish it :)

Popular posts from this blog

The message in a bottle

The Strength Within Us (The Untold Story)